Saturday 19 September 2020

Introducing the Amazing Paper Grace Picot Petite Collection

Amazing Paper Grace has gone back to her roots with classic sewing inspired motifs! Introducing the Picot Petite Collection!

Becca Feeken sent over these lovely dies for me to try.


Over time we've had lace-inspired designs and have loved the feel of Hemstitching and Candlewicking. Reminiscent of needlework and treasured handwork proudly displayed, Becca Feeken has developed another classic line of layering shapes that feel so much like tatting or picot crochet.  As you might imagine, these shapes are crisp, clean, and timeless. Whether you are simply adding a classic layer to a card or cutting an aperture to highlight a lovely sentiment - these shapes mix and match with other sewing inspired motifs as well as intricate backdrops.


Today you're in luck! Our Creative Team is sharing makes from the Picot Petite Collection.


Classic Shapes are Timeless


With each Classic Collection, Amazing Paper Grace creates the most popular die-cutting shapes in oval, round, square, and rectangles. Moreover, these classic shapes mix and match with Hemstitch Classics, Candlewick Classics, Elegant Twist Classics, and now Picot Petit.


The Inspiration behind Picot Petite

If you've ever seen tatting, the little loop produced along the edge is called a "picot". It's this little loop that is the basis for the border on all of the Petite Picot shapes. They are lovely as a backdrop for any other layerings as the little picot peeks out. It's just a subtle way to bring in the ways of classic needlework to give texture and dimension to the backdrop of our cards.


Each of our Creative Team members will show you their take on cards made with a classic picot flair.


My Projects For Today


First up is  Amazing Paper Grace SKU by Spellbinders S5-431 - Picot Petite Circles.



Here is what the dies look like:



Today I am sharing a rocking card. It is first time I created this type of card.


To created a rocking card base I used the largest circle from the Picot Petite Circles. Then I layered it with the smaller circles from this collection. I mounded all layers on 3D tape.




I decorated my card with handmade flowers. To created flowers I die cut them from white card stock, ink them using Distress inks and wet them a bit before shaping them with a embossing tool. I used the following flowers dies:

APGDOM - July 2020 - Fanfare


I also created a little pocket. To create it I used the larger die from the collection. It fits two tea bags. It can also fit a chocolate :-)


It can also make a lovely addition to a hot chocolate mug gift set. I mean the one where we add to a mug a pack of hot chocolate, a tea bag, a little chocolate bar and wrap it up with cellophane and tie a bow at the top. It is a popular gift for Christmas :-)


I took some pictures to show how I found the centre of a circle and how I created a pocket.
I stared with die cutting the largest circle with my patterned paper.


I had the same circle that I die cut from my scrap card stock. I folded it in a half and then I placed it on my die cut that I wanted to use to create a pocket so that I could easily find a centre.


After finding a centre of the circle I counted 11 little triangles each way at the top and at the bottom of the circle. It helped me to score two lines on the each side of the circle (wide enough to fit a tea bag). In order to score the lines I used my marked (with a pencil) 6'' groove to align the marked triangles. 
The vertical line I did similar way. I just counted another 5 little triangles from 11th mark. Then I align it and scored.
To create a pocket I simply folded the circle die and glued it (I did not cut anything with scissors).



Here is the Spellbinders video showing amazing new samples as well as a walkthrough of the entire collection.


Picot Petite Availability:

These dies and plates are available from Spellbinders right now! Click here: Amazing Paper Grace Picot Petite.


Picot Petite Inspiration Blog Hop!


Click on the links to each member, they're waiting to inspire you to create something beautiful:


Visit Joanna Wisniewska
Visit Beatriz Jennings
Visit Sathya Kala Sankaran
Visit Tara Brown
Visit Rajni Chawla
Visit Kate Skonieczna
Visit Linda Parker
Visit Becca Feeken at Amazing Paper Grace


Giveaway!  


You could win an Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month! Enter to win on our new Instagram Account https://www.instagram.com/amazingpapergrace_creates/. All  of the entry details are there, look for this image below:



Special Offer!


Do you Love it? Do you Need it? Do you Want It All NOW?


Spellbinders is offering an exclusive Want It All Bundle! Get all 6 Picot Petite Dies NOW and SAVE 20% (that's a $30 savings) over buying each die template individually!


I love your comments! Have you ever made a rocking card? :-)


Hugs,

Joanna



13 comments:

  1. Omg this is so so so so beautiful 😻❤️❤️ Amazing work 💝

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg this is so so so so beautiful 😻❤️❤️ Amazing work 💝

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it so pretty and delicate, love how you made the card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Przepiękne prace stworzyłaś z tymi wykrojnikami :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Joanna! I love your projects made with the circle Picot dies! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your gorgeous 3D card and beautiful tea bag too! So fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You rocked it with the "Rocking" card. I can see chocolate squares in your little pocked for a Halloween at each guests plate! Very pretty dies and your makes are so sublime.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your creations with the dies and thanks for the tutorial, Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joanna, this is so very clever!! So glad you showed how you made it! You're brilliant and the things you make are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for all your kind words ladies :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. ✿ Hope you enjoy my blog. ✿
Dziękuję za odwiedziny. ✿ Mam nadzieję, że mój blog Ci się podoba. ✿
Joanna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...