Monday 25 May 2020

Amazing Paper Grace May Die of the Month Blog Ho


We just love dies that transform into different things!  When you look at this die template there is no limit to the ways it can be fixed and flipped and folded to give you a beautiful prop, box, or card.  Welcome to the APG May 2020 Die of the Month - Fleur de Lis Grandeur Fold Over. 

We often talk about that "easy to use die template" that you reach for time after time after time.  This, is one of those.  This month after using it we've seen it make the most darling filigree envelope that simply requires cutting and folding.  We've seen it make a simple notecard that will produce a card in under five minutes.  We've seen it make a box top that simply takes the time to score and fold the box and drape the die over the top.  As always, the die makes a card that goes from just die-cutting to one that has layers of the filigree elements crisscrossed.  Lol, do cards make themselves?  Almost with this one - that puts in on our "goto" list.

Here are the dies included in the set:


My Project Today:

I created a Wedding Day card and a Thank You favour box.


 To create my card I die cut the decorative envelope and folded there sides inside. The edge of the folds I adhered on 3D tape so it does not close flat.


I added inside Spanish moss (it is moss used by florists) and some handmade paper petals. Then I glued all a bit here and there so the flaps stay in place. Between card base and bow I placed 3D tape (there levels) so it stays up.


I created a card base that is opening to the side.
On my both projects today I added sentiments from Spellbinders SDS-166 - All Occasion Sentiments Stamp and Die set. To create roses on my card I used Spellbinders die and here is a paper  rose tutorial that I created ---> click.


Here is my little box that I created using the decorative envelope.


I created a closure for a box with mini peg and a decorative flat pearl.


Here are pictures showing how I made my box using the filigree envelope die.
I die cut the envelope only with two inlay elements.
I placed it in a middle of my scoring board (6 inches) and scored at 5-1/8' and then at 6-7/8'.


Then I also scored the pre scored sides.


And then I just cut the sides so I could glue the box as usual.



If you want to find out more about the Club - prices, how you sign up and what's included, please look --------> HERE.


If you missed the introduction and want to know more about what inspired the Die of the Month Club, look ------->HERE.


It's amazing to see what the rest of the APG Creative Team made with this die.  Stop by with each Creative Team Member to see how they manipulated this die to come up with a unique project for you to try!


Visit Joanna   – joannakrog.blogspot.com
Visit Ewelina -  elinaart.blogspot.com
Visit Kate       – craft2owls.blogspot.com
Visit America - cardsbyamerica.blogspot.com
Visit Becca     – amazingpapergrace.com/blog


We can’t wait to see what you make with these exclusive dies – be sure to post your creation on the Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month page -------> HERE or on Instagram using the hashtag #AmazingPaperGraceClubKit

Hugs,
Joanna

7 comments:

  1. What lovely creative ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right, that these gorgeous dies transform into such beautiful and different things like your prop, box, or card! Simply stunning and thank you so much for the tutorial to make one like this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFULLY DONE, Joanna!!! LOVE the little box & Wedding Day Card! They're BEAUTIFUL!!! ;)<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of you are so talented and creative and this die has brought out the best in your designs. Thanks for the step-by-step it is much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a truly elegant and stunning wedding card, and your thank you box is perfect, Joanna! I love them both! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. ✿ Hope you enjoy my blog. ✿
Dziękuję za odwiedziny. ✿ Mam nadzieję, że mój blog Ci się podoba. ✿
Joanna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...